Thursday, February 18, 2010

Changes for The Gypsy Cart blog

Hello everyone. Well today I have made some decisions about where I am going and what I want to do and there will be some changes made to my blog to reflect those decisions. All good I can assure you. You see here is the gist of it. . . .I work from home and have done since my workplace bullying incident nearly two years ago, and now I need to let that go finally and move on which has been an issue for me and I guess it has stopped me from getting on with my life in some ways. But, and here is the thing, I am happy working from home it gives me a real freedom but I need to make it work for me and when I say work for me it needs to sustain my family and I and to pay the bills etc.

I will still take part in challenges but the card or whatever I make for the challenge will be immediately for sale on my blog. Some of the things I will have for sale are my journals, my vintage keepsake box and there will be more of those, some mini album kits, some embellishment packages, some handmade flower embellishments, vintage ephemera including sheet music from the beginning of the 1900's.

As some of you know I was recently chosen to be a design team member on Swap Sisters which is a ning community and is by invitation only. This community will be quite the place to be and there will be all sorts of wonderful things happening as we grow. Challenges, tutorials, how to get the most out of your camera, how to make your own whitebox for more professional looking pics, how to use distress inks, alcohol inks, how to use Copic markers, how to use Prisma coloured pencils and how to shade and blend effectively. There will also be regular swaps whereby each person swapping has to create a tutorial of their swap project to share with only the other members who swap and no one else will have access to them.

As a member of the design team Mel Davies and I were given a Cricut Expression which also included the SCAL software program, a deep cut blade and housing, extra mats, extra blades for both the regular and deep cut housing. This has blown us away and I really want to make this work for all of us. It was such a generous thing for Sue Denning to give us and in her words she wants her design team to have access to the very best of everything. We will also be getting the very latest in Distress Inks, Glimmer Mists, Copic Markers and Prisma pencils just to name a few things. Mel and I have been unable to sleep since we found out lol. Now I ask you what other design team offers such tools for their design girls? If you would like to become a member of the hottest place to be then drop me an email at thegypsycart@gmail.com and I will arrange an invitation. Bear in mind that the three of us are Stampin' Up! demonstrators and a lot of the projects will be inspired by SU products and the products used will mainly be SU for us but that is not to say that there won't be other products to play with lol. I mean it is all about the creativity and learning and sharing with other like-minded people. So make a start and contact me, you will not be sorry. Okay I think that is all for now but if you have any questions please do not hesitate to email me and I will promptly answer your query. I am so excited by these changes and I hope you will be able to share in that excitement and join me on a new journey.
In the meantime. . . .
Walk about your day with Creative Beauty!
The Gypsy

3 comments:

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

Ohhh snaps lol, big changes my friend and for the better, good luck with ur new plans I know you will be soo successful
*hugs*
Melissa

Rose said...[Reply to comment]

love the new blog look :) and congrats on the fab dt gig!! best of luck to you in all your new paths

Sue Denning said...[Reply to comment]

I am so totally humbled that you accepted the invitation to join my Design Team and terribly excited because I know what you can do my girl!

Creative play at Swap Sisters *R*O*C*K*S* -not to mention the fun and friendship while we create.

This girl could not have asked for a better Creative Design Crew and for that, I am so very thankful.

Here's to many, many years of continued friendship and creative growth!

Hugs