Friday, September 4, 2009

365 Cards - #187 - Label It

Today over at 365 Cards the challenge was to label it by putting a label on your card and if you did not have one then use the Campbells soup label lol. I had these two lovely labels in my stash from Sophias outfit (not the one I used today) and one from Ash's outfit (I used this one). Whenever I see nice labels on our clothing I usually keep them. I took a pic of the label I used today of the back of the label so you could see it was actually a bonafide label lol.


This is the card I made using the label. It has a plastic overlay on it as well which I kept on. The brand is Obvious lol. I left it at that and did not put a sentiment on it, I will when I know what I am going to use it for. For instance - Obvious. . . that I love you! Or something like that lol. I added the little bit of Navy blue to because it seemed to be to much dusty pink and cream. Anyway that is it for me today, I know I am late with my card but hey no pressure on myself to perform right?
In the meantime. . . .
Walk about your day with beauty.
The Gypsy

Supplies: Cream cardstock from stash. SU Night of Navy cardstock. DCWV textured cardstock. SU Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp set. Flowers from my stash. SU Brad. Quikcutz Flourish die. SU white gel pen. Cuttlebug Victorian embossing folder. Ranger Vintage Photo distress ink.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Very clever, and just beautiful!!!!

Carolyn V said...[Reply to comment]

You are so clever! What a great card! My hubby just bought some jeans with a great label when we were on vaca last week... and he threw it away at the hotel! It would have been perfect for this challenge. Now I'm stuck... I'll figure something out, but this one's throwin' me for a loop.

Susan said...[Reply to comment]

what gorgeous, gorgeous texture and I love the pop of navy!

Robyn said...[Reply to comment]

Wow! What a great label to have kept! Your card is beautiful! I like the blue flower on it as an accent.

beckynoelle said...[Reply to comment]

very clever & very pretty!(and i'm glad i'm not the only person who saves cute labels lol)

STAMPING SAM said...[Reply to comment]

I'm not a label saver, matter of fact, I rip out most of the labels in my clothes, such as size tags! Not sure you wants to see them, but they bug the heck out of me! Nice job saving your labels though, made a beutiful card!

Celeste said...[Reply to comment]

Your card is so cute. I love the colors you used.

Rose said...[Reply to comment]

well your so clever!! i never thought of saving the labels :) very pretty card my friend :)

Kim Mc said...[Reply to comment]

Great idea Michelle...I'll have to do that from now on...of course, that means I HAVE to go shopping and buy new clothes! Hehe! Brillant card! TFS and aloha!

Chrissie said...[Reply to comment]

That is a very clever idea and the card look terrific! Well done you Michelle!
Chrissie

~amy~ said...[Reply to comment]

excellent Michelle...tooo fun! love the colors and the distressing!

Jenny S. (UK) said...[Reply to comment]

This is really lovely, adore that shade of pink and the pop of blue is perfect. A very clever idea I have a load of these labels saved and forgot when it came to this challenge...doh!!