Monday, September 7, 2009

365 Cards - #189 Charming & #190 Super Sketchy Sunday

I missed the challenge on Saturday over at 365 Cards because I was getting ready for the markets so I chose to combine both Charming and Super Sketchy Sunday and put them into one card. The sketch were were to follow is the one below and my interpretation is below that again.

I added the appropriate charm which is a butterfly button that I cut the shank off of and the rest of the card is based on Super Sketchy Sunday sketch.

Now as promised here is a pic of my little grandaughter Lily who turned one on Saturday with her little fairy outfit. Paul, her dad is holding her as she just blew her candles out (well Paul did anyway). She is a bit shell shocked because a room full of people sang Happy Birthday to her and she is so tired that she was falling asleep in her high chair, so we quickly lit the candles and got her out to sing to her before she went to bed.

Here is Elijah eating his lunch which he did not really want as he had filled up on party food beforehand.

This is a lovely black and white pic that my daughter Courtney took at the party of her niece Sophie. It was in colour originally but Ashleigh changed it to black and white when Courtney emailed it to her. I think it is beautiful indeed. She also had her fairy outfit on but you can't really see it in the pic.

Well that is it for me today.
In the meantime. . .
Walk about your day with beauty.
The Gypsy

Supplies: SU More Mustard cardstock. DCWV Textured cardstock. Buttercream cardstock from my stash. The chipboard is from a pack from Bella. SU Scalloped Oval and Large Oval punches. SU Tangerine Tango and Basic Black stamp pads. Flourishes stamp from Autumn Leaves. Butterfly button from my stash. Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. Designer paper was free in a scrapbooking magazine that I purchased last week.

6 comments:

Rose said...[Reply to comment]

my goodness you have the most adorable grandbabies!!! love your card, was wondering where you were :) reminder....you have 2 days left for this paperblooms challenge :) then the new one starts on wed.

~amy~ said...[Reply to comment]

Hey Michelle...great take on the challenge...and what cutie pie kidlets!!!

Janice said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful card and even more beautiful grandbabies!

Carolyn V said...[Reply to comment]

Great card Michelle - I like the clever use of a button as a charm (file that away for future use) and thanks for sharing pics of your gorgeous grandkids. It looks like a great time was had by all at the fairy party. :D

Kristie Larsen said...[Reply to comment]

love the beautiful card! and those grandkids are lovely and perfect! congrats on a fabulous family!

Gloria Stengel said...[Reply to comment]

Your card is fabbie! But your gdd...how cute is SHE! ADORABLE! Well, both kids are cute, but that little girl is just the cat's pjs! (Her daddy is pretty cute too! LOL)