Wednesday, September 16, 2009

365 Cards - #199 - Shape Up!

Over at 365 Cards today the challenge was to use a hexagon as the dominating shape on your card. I very nearly did not want to do it lol and went to bed stewing on it so I was up at 6am this morning checking out everyone elses entries and I thought if they can then I can so I got to it and made my card. I know it is later than it normally would be up here but at least it is up here. I ummed and ahhed about what papers and then what image etc etc and I want to say this is the first time I have procrastinated over those things as normally I choose paper and cardstock immediately and the image comes last but I could not seem to get it together for this one . . .thanks Pam lol!!

The components look crooked in this image but I can assure they aren't. I think it was the angle that I took it perhaps. Anyway that is it for the day for me.
In the meantime. . . .
Walk about your day with beauty.
The Gypsy

Supplies: SU River Rock and Whisper White cardstock and the polka dotted designer paper. SU Always stamp set and Chocolate Chip stamp pad and markers. Kaisercraft rhinestones. Butchers twine from my kitchen. Ranger distress ink. DCWV background paper Butterflies and Blossoms paper stack.

9 comments:

~amy~ said...[Reply to comment]

hey, great job...that is a tough challenge...

Carolyn V said...[Reply to comment]

Amy's right, it's a toughie. I'm procrastinating, too. I'll just look at everyone else's until I can decide what to do.

You, however, have done swimmingly (do they still say that... never mind, I just did!) I love the papers you've chosen - and how you've coloured your heart just so. Lovely!

Robyn said...[Reply to comment]

Such a sweet card! I love how you embellished the heart!

Sherry Eckblad said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle, great card and I agree this was a tough challenge.

Rose said...[Reply to comment]

you rocked this tough challenge!!! :0)

Pamela Wade said...[Reply to comment]

I love the heart shape inside of the hexagon! What a great card! ~~Pam

STAMPING SAM said...[Reply to comment]

Boy, I know what you mean...Pam's challenges sure do get me out of my box! But you did your thinking and came up with this great card. By the way, I really like the background paper, the red and your coloring pulled it all together!

June Houck said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful image and color combo!

Jenny S. (UK) said...[Reply to comment]

Fabulous card, I love it.