Monday, July 13, 2009

365 Cards - #135 On The Outside Looking In ***FINALLY***!!!!!!

WELL HELLO EVERYONE!!
I am FINALLY back online. . . . . YIIIIIIIHIIIIIII!!!! First I would like to thank you all for your concern for me whilst I was off the air. All I want to say is I HATE TELSTRA!!! There now that felt good. For those of you overseas Telstra is the major telephone/Internet provider in Australia and they hold most of the business here which sucks big time and I am no longer with them. For those of you who email me or are trying to and having it boomeranged back to you please try bohemiangypsy@dodo.com.au and that will get to me from now on as that is my new email addy.
I cannot tell you all how much I have missed you because there are no words to describe the loneliness and boredom and frustration I have felt for the past 13 days or so. And the emails I have received and also comments from caring women, all of you that have been concerned about my health and that of my Mum . . . . BIG HUGS!!! We are both fine although I would love to have different knees hehehe.
Ok enough waffling for now but gee it is good to be back. Today over at my fav place to hang 365 Cards the challenge was to create a window on our card using a see-through material. Well I did use a see-through material but then I applied Ranger alcohol inks to it for some colour and depth, which turned out fabuloso lol. Then I used the actual cut out piece to put the sentiment on but there is one inside as well with a dragonfly. If you squint your eyes you can see it through my window LMAO. Just visualising everyone squinting at their screens hehehehe. The text stamp is my new one that I purchased in Lismore when I was looking after Mum and it my new fav stamp as it has so many uses and is a Rachel Greig Photography stamp. My alpha lettering on the front are from Bella which I bought today as is the beautiful Basic Grey paper on the front. I was trying to make this a short post as I have lots of orders to fill over the next two days lol.


I really like this card it has a sort of vintage feel but the chipboard lettering on the front gives it a modern twist. Now that is enough for everyone to read from me in one day.
So in the meantime. . . .
Walk about your day with beauty.
The Gypsy

Supplies: SU Pink Pirohuette. Basic Grey designer paper. Bella alphas. Ranger Vintage Photo distress ink. Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing folder. Ranger Alcohol Inks and Blending Solution. Unity dragonfly stamp. Kaisercraft Get Well Soon stamp.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Welcome back, finally, I am glad all is OK, with the exception of the knees, growing old ain't for sissies :) I expect you to do a lot of extra posting with all your exceptional and inspiring work.

Oh, yea your card is fabulous, as usual.

Gloria Stengel said...[Reply to comment]

This is so fab. I love the colors and the paper, everything.

And, yeah, getting old is NOT for sissies. I don't mind the pain in my knees and hips and hands as much as the failing eyesight! I do NOT want to wear glasses again. Afterall, I had LASIK so I would not need them! But after 8 years...old age is messing me up! LOL

Chrissie said...[Reply to comment]

Really pretty card. I love text backgrounds and this one is fab!
Chrissie

~amy~ said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle, whatta neat card...love it....welcome back!!! We missed you!!!

Rose said...[Reply to comment]

WELCOME BACK!!!! love your card for the day :)

Made by Mandy said...[Reply to comment]

Woohoo, you're back !!!!

We've REALLY missed you, you've got some catching up to do girl :)

Love your card, the colours are scrummy and the paper is so pretty.

Glad your Mum is okay and you've got tinterweb again. YAY !!!

Vicky said...[Reply to comment]

Welcome back!! We definitely missed you over at 365, Michelle! I don't know what I'd do with myself with no internet access for almost 2 weeks!! That's just torture! Your card is gorgeous and I agree - it definitely has a vintagy feel.