Wednesday, July 22, 2009

365 Cards - #144 - You Raise Me Up

Today over at 365 Cards the challenge is 'You Raise Me Up' and we have to try an incorporate two ways to add dimension to your card. So I decided to pop the layers up off the card base using rather high pop dots and then I added the popped star as an embellishment. I also added the pearls to the image I used which adds extra dimension as well. Sorry the image is a little hazy and I have no clues as to why it is like that!

I had started making this card nearly two weeks ago but had only done the card base with the Kraft trim on the side and that was it and I didn't want to waste it so today was the day that it got completed lol. Orange is a fav colour of mine. When I used to have my business as a qualified Aromatherapist/massage practitioner my clinic colours were purple and orange and it always looked fantastic together. (Just off topic a bit there folks, we will return to normal viewing directly). Okay that is it for me today/tonight for us Australians in the Southern Hemisphere.
So in the meantime. . . .
Walk about your day with beauty.
The Gypsy

Supplies: SU Tangerine Tango, Very Vanilla and Kraft cardstock. DCWV Designer paper. Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. SU Hemp twine. Papercraft chipboard embellishment. Kaisercraft pearls. SU Eastern Blooms stamp set. Wendy Irving rub on. SU Eyelet border punch. SU Tangerine Tango and Basic Grey stamp pads and sponge dauber. Unknown stamps on the inside edge. White craft stamp pad.

10 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle, this is a beautiful card. Love that lace edge punch you used.

Evelin said...[Reply to comment]

great job! :)

Patti J said...[Reply to comment]

Jeepers, Michelle, I can't stop looking at this - you have a lot of things going on here! Love your various layers, and the embossing, and edge punches, and hemp, and DP and distressing.....you get the picture! It's great, as usual!

~amy~ said...[Reply to comment]

gorgeous michelle...I love the color orange too and it is fantabulous teamed up with Kraft {another fav of mine!}.

TesaB said...[Reply to comment]

It's a fab card! LOVE all the layering and the stamp is a beauty!

Carolyn V said...[Reply to comment]

Love the orange and purple combo, too. I had an orange and purple dining room once (it was stunning, and I loved it!) Love the colours, the stamp, the distressing - aw, heck, it's just a great card!

PCM said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle, I knew there was a reason I like you!! I too am a massage therapist - and have done an aromatherapy foundation class - LOVE using essential oils - but back on topic here - :) I like your card - and congrats on not tossing it but using it - way to go!!

Maricar said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle,
This is a great card. I like the hemp tied around ... that star popped up is a great embellsihment!

Maricar said...[Reply to comment]

You inspired me! Check this out: http://maricarharris.blogspot.com/2009/07/one-more-for-today.html

Chrissie said...[Reply to comment]

Just lovely Michelle.
Chrissie