Tuesday, July 21, 2009

365 Cards - #143 Keep It To Yourself: Sympathy

Today over at 365 Cards the challenge is to Keep it to yourself: Sympathy. This Keep it to Yourself challenge is to create a Sympathy card. It's difficult to convey the message without putting the sentiment on the front, but that's what I'm asking you to do.HOWEVER, the message CAN be on the inside. The idea is to create an appropriate card for this type of situation, which is often difficult anyway. So this is what I have to offer today for this challenge. The tree is from a Sympathy set from Stampin' Up! and I purchased it mainly because of this tree as I think it is beautiful. On the inside I stamped one of the sentiments for that stamp set.



This is the inside of the card. . . short and concise. I used my SU Eyelet Border punch to punch the corners of my insert. That is it for me tonight.
In the meantime. . .
Walk about your day with beauty.
The Gypsy

Supplies: SU Pale Plum, Sage Shadow and Very Vanilla. SU Designer paper. SU Thoughts & Prayers stamp set. SU Silver Hodgepodge. Unknown brand of mauve ribbon. SU Eyelet Border punch. SU Old Olive and Lavender Lace markers. SU Elegant Eggplant stamp pad.

9 comments:

~amy~ said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle, what a pretty card...I love that SU tree...such a versatile set!

Sherry Eckblad said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle ~ as usual you have done an amazing card. I love that tree stamp and I think it is on my wishlist.

Patti J said...[Reply to comment]

This is beautiful! I agree - that tree is a great addition to any collection! Great job once again on the challenge!!!

Carolyn V said...[Reply to comment]

Classy...

PCM said...[Reply to comment]

Oh yes - this is so very pretty and does convey the thoughts. TFS

Zuila said...[Reply to comment]

Love the simplicity of it!

Tasia D said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful! I love the tree .. what a perfect sympathy card.

Chrissie said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful card Michelle! I love tht image.
Chrissie

Celeste said...[Reply to comment]

Your card is wonderful.