Friday, July 17, 2009

365 Cards - #139 - Try A Technique

Edited at 9.17pm 17.07.2009: I am such a loon sometimes!!! Honestly I thought Pam had said paper piecing! Not piercing lol!! It wasn't until I was checking out Sue's One4Joy blog that I realised my mistake. So I am gonna fly with this card now as I am too tired to have another crack at it tonight. My apologies Pam and the rest of the challengers and design team for making my error.


Today over at 365 Cards the challenge was to use Paper Piecing to create a pattern on your card. I had to make a birthday card for a 2 year old so the perfect stamp for her was chosen by her Aunt and I. This stamp is great for paper piecing the ears and heart. It is a stamp from my ancient stash and has not been used for about 15 years or so lol. This has to be short and sweet as my Mum comes tomorrow and I still need more hours today lol. It is going by too fast and before I know she will be here and I haven't done all the cleaning etc. . .bugger, bugger and bugger!!!! Phew I just this minute spoke to Mum on the phone and she is not arriving until 3.05pm tomorrow so I don't have to panic now lol.


This second shot is a close up of the heart paper piecing so excuse my hand because the ribbon would not stay out of the way lol and the only way I could make it do as it was told was to hold the jolly thing out of the road. Now that is it for tonight girls.
In the meantime. . .
Walk about your day with beauty.
The Gypsy

Supplies: SU Pretty In Pink and Confetti White cardstock. Unknown brand of designer paper. PSX bear stamp. SU Markers. Ranger Distress Inks. Kaisercraft flower and rhinestone. Unknown brand of ribbon from my stash. SU white journal pen.

10 comments:

TesaB said...[Reply to comment]

What an adorable bear! LOVE that big bow too, beautiful card!

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Cute!

Must must must have a go at this challenge later!

Janis Lewis said...[Reply to comment]

Oh, what a precious card. So sweet. Love the teddy and the bow.

~amy~ said...[Reply to comment]

Such a sweet card Michelle...just adorable to a little one...

Sherry Eckblad said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle, cute card even if you thought it was paper piecing and not paper piercing. (lol)

Patti J said...[Reply to comment]

Oh Michelle, how funny! I did the exact same thing. My DH and I just shared a giggle that you read piecing instead of piercing! Great card!

Chrissie said...[Reply to comment]

Made me wonder if I'd read the challenge wrongly!
Cute bear though!
Chrissie

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

The challenge is paper piercing not piecing...wow hehe just kidding...love the piecing though...do some piercing around the outside edge of it and voila you have your card the same but different and ready for the challenge hehe...great card though!!

Lost in Paper said...[Reply to comment]

it's a lovely card!! and in purusing other entries for this challenge, you aren't the only one who mis-read it!!

The bear is just adorable!!

Susan said...[Reply to comment]

oh, it's too cute pieced, Michelle! And I bet Pam will give you that leaway...love the teddy bear!