Monday, July 27, 2009

365 Cards - #149 - Try A Technique: Sponging

Well it is the second day of Reader Appreciation Week over on 365 Cards and the challenge today was to apply sponging on your card. I love sponging so it was not a chore to do although I said to Mum that I really didn't like the outcome but there you go, you can't like everything you do can you? The background paper I chose has butterflies all over it but only faintly and once I put my image over it you can hardly tell they are there. It is such lovely paper too. My daughter Courtney bought a pad of all different green papers in 8x8 a couple of years ago and she pulled it out a few weeks ago and said here Mum help yourself I don't use it very often. . .so I did lol! I sponged all th edges of my card as well as the three butterflies and around them as well.


Okay that is me tonight.
In the meantime. . . .
Walk about your day with beauty.
The Gypsy

Supplies: SU Whisper White Confetti cardstock. DCWV Green textured cardstock for the Neutrals stack. The designer paper is unknown brand but pretty. Amazing Creations Butterfly stamp. SU Short and Sweet stamp set for sentiment. SU Basic Black stamp pad. Ranger Distress inks. Sponge daubers. Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. Twine and button from my stash.

14 comments:

Ella said...[Reply to comment]

I love it! So pretty and simple!

Tasia D said...[Reply to comment]

I think this turned out beautifully! I love the greens together and the sponging came out great - I also love how you did the twine and button - too cute!

PCM said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle, this is lovely. Love those butterflies, the green paper (and I am not a big green person!!) Great job. TFS

Janice said...[Reply to comment]
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janice said...[Reply to comment]

This is lovely! You have made green a color of choice, so much detail, great job!

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful, beautiful job, your sponging is great!!!

Audrey said...[Reply to comment]

Love the butterflies!

Sherry Eckblad said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle, this is so pretty love the green paper that you used and the butterflies, and you even added my favorite embellishment. Buttons.

Barb said...[Reply to comment]

Such a lovely card, Michelle! Luvin' the butterflies and that twine/button embellishment :)

Lost in Paper said...[Reply to comment]

gorgeous butterflies!! great card!

Evelin said...[Reply to comment]

Wow... this turned out great!

~amy~ said...[Reply to comment]

oooh...michelle...this is gorgeous...love the butterflies!!

Juls said...[Reply to comment]

beautiful card, the butterflies are gorgeous and I love the string detail. Gorgeous!

Patti J said...[Reply to comment]

Once again, you have posted a delightful card! Love, love, love it!