Friday, July 17, 2009

365 Cards - #138 - She Said, And I Quote. . .

Today over at 365 Cards the challenge was She said, and I quote. . . Blah, Blah, Blah or something like that. And that's the challenge to include a quote on your card. And be sure to give proper credit! Well I did give proper credit because it was included in the stamp lol. The image is another stamp from my new Unity stamp set which I coloured with my Derwent watercolours. I also used my new Quikcuts Flourish die (won it on Ebay for a song) that I have had for about 6 weeks but not used until now. I love it!!!! I also used that lovely Basic Grey designer paper again once these two sheets have gone I will have to go get some more.
I have got my Mum coming to stay this Saturday for two weeks and she will be staying in my stamping room . . . I don't know how I am going to cope lol as I stay up sometimes until 2-3am and Mum is not going to like that one little bit so I will have to curtail my late night habits for a couple of weeks and stick to daytime activities only . . .how boring is that going to be lol.


Well that is me finished for the night. I hope tomorrow has more hours in it because I have heaps to do before my Mum comes.
In the meantime. . . .
Walk about your day with beauty.
The Gypsy

Supplies: SU Kiwi Kiss and Whisper White cardstock. DCWV white core cardstock. Basic Grey designer paper. Unity stamp set. SU Friends 24-7 stamp set. Derwent watercolours. Quikcuts Flourish die. Ribbon from stash. SU Photo Corner punch. Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. SU Basic Black stamp pad. Ranger Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress Inks.

11 comments:

Jana said...[Reply to comment]

Fabulous card. I love your color choices. Those stamps are perfect.

Gloria Stengel said...[Reply to comment]

This is stunning! I love that paper! And that stamp! Nice job, girlie! And I am so sad for you about your scrap space! I am a night owl too and in this house I can't really craft late at night. My space is the open loft next to all the bedrooms and "those people" claim I am too noisy with my tools and rustlings of paper. "They" need to get jobs and move out. That 8 year old can work at something...right?!

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

I love your quote because sometimes is is a little work to keep friends...meaning what they think that you think LOL...a friend is a friend no matter what happens and they look out for each other. Love the quote and thanks for sharing with us.

~amy~ said...[Reply to comment]

FABulous card Michelle...I'm the opposite of you, I like to create in the morning while the household is sleeping...I'm an early bird :)

Jenny S. (UK) said...[Reply to comment]

What a fabulous card, love the colours and that flourish is adorable. Sorry about your crafting curtailment, but 2 weeks will fly by. I am so lucky living on my own and being retired....all the time is mine.

Carolyn V said...[Reply to comment]

Wonderful colours & composition, true quote and that fab bow! Very nice indeed! I had to laugh when you hoped that tomorrow has more hours - gosh, I'm wishing that all the time! That pesky job takes up a vast part of my creative time! Enjoy the time with your mum!

Janice said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful! Love all your elements and the quote is perfect. Like you I like to stay up late but I have something called a "day job" that gets in the way (lol)! Happy stamping......

Made by Mandy said...[Reply to comment]

Your card is gorgeous. So many elements to it and it all works well together. My cards are so simple compared to your little beauties.

I'm sure 2 weeks will fly by and you will have your dear Mum with you. You could always sneak some crafty stuff into your bedroom if you feel the need.....

I vote we have a 36 hour day so we work for the normal time but have more free time to do what we want, either that or get a part time job but the money's not so good.... Ho Hum xxx

Patti J said...[Reply to comment]

Never, ever enough hours in a day... Beautiful card, my friend! Great job with colors, layout, embellishments, it just is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Love the colour scheme and the flourish, and the quote . . .and, well, EVERYTHING really! Good job!

Janis Lewis said...[Reply to comment]

I love the patterned paper you used for the swirl.