Friday, January 8, 2010

Brand New Project I am working on. . . .

I found a you tube video last night on creating a journal with your old christmas cards. You paint your cardstock with Gesso and then acrylics etc and then create what you like on the page answering the prompt each week and your page will be your interpretation of the prompt in art form and or journalling. There will be a different prompt every week. The journal is titled "Life Q's as in Life Questions. The questions will make you look inside yourself and through art discover who you are and what you want in your life and or what is important, your dreams, goals etc. It really appealed to me on a personal front so I am in for the long haul and madly ran around getting my cards organised etc. My eldest daughter Courtney has also decided to make one. I will regularly post progress of my journal throughout the coming year to show you what it is looking like. The first pic is the front cover which I have just laid the letters down and well as the half top note cut outs.

The second pic shows you what the journal looks like with your cards before they are painted over.
And this third one shows that nothing on the cover is stuck down yet I was just placing them to see how they looked. Need to embellish my cover with some other things yet.
That is my blog post tonight.
In the meantime. . . .
Walk about your day with absolute beauty.
The Gypsy

4 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle, this looks really interesting and I like how every page is a different size. Can't wait to see what you do with the first page of the journal.

jacque4u2c said...[Reply to comment]

Great project!!!!

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

mmm interesting, I will be keeping a close eye on this project throughout the year LOL, congrats on your abundance of patience with a project like this.

doulanana said...[Reply to comment]

Welcome to Life Q's and thanks for following along! Your cover is going to be awesome!!

Monica
www.doulanana.blogspot.com