Friday, January 8, 2010

Finished Front Cover of my Journal

Hello everyone here is my finished front cover for my Lifes Questions Journal that I did. I used antique music sheet paper for my flowers and Distress Ink and I love how they have turned out. I also tore a piece and Mod Podged it onto the cover. I have used Distress ink on the letters and then covered them in Glossy Accents. I stamped the background with the SU French Flair background stamp which has now retired and it is a real shame lol. The only thing I could kick myself for is not distressing the edges of the music sheet that I laid onto the cover. . .DOH!!! And I should have run gold acrylic around the edges of the cover what do you think?

Let me know what you think about the cover and now I am starting to work on the first question.
In the meantime. . . .
Walk about your day with absolute beauty.
The Gypsy

3 comments:

beedivinedesigns said...[Reply to comment]

the cover looks great, and i like the music sheet even with out distressing it lol, that project is going to be very very interesting. will keep a look out for its development:)

Sherry (aka sherryann) said...[Reply to comment]

Great job on this and so brave to commit to something for a full year. I look forward to watching it grow throughout the year.

doulanana said...[Reply to comment]

The cover looks awesome and I love your blog!
Can't wait to see all that you create!

Monica
www.doulanana.blogspot.com