Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Finished Keepsake/Recipe Box

I know it has been a few weeks since I showed you this keepsake box but things have been kind of hectic to say the least, so I only got around to completing it tonight. I have some tea dyed crocheted lace across the front from my stash with a SU Hodgepodge Aged Copper (no longer available) ribbon slide in the middle. I also used this lovely beaded length across the bottom of the lid which I just adore as I think it lends itself the vintage look of the box. I Glimmer Misted the white roses with Suede and added the strand pearls behind it tied in a bow. You could use this for a recipe card box but I think it is far too lovely to sit in the kitchen so I am going to keep it as a sample for my vintage classes and use it for photos.

Okay that is it for me tonight and it is getting kind of late. But I will be back tomorrow with more.
In the meantime. . . . .
Walk about your day with absolute beauty.
The Gypsy

3 comments:

Patti J said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful! Absolutely gorgeous, Michelle! Great job - someone will be SO lucky to get this! TFS!

Sherry Eckblad said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle, this turned out just fabulous. That glimmer mist is exactly what that rose needed.

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

this is just lovely Michelle, you have done a fabulous job! well done!