Thursday, June 11, 2009

365 Cards - #103 Card Recipe

Day 103 over at 365 Cards and it is a card recipe today. My card had to be 5.5 x 4.25, have a solid background, had to have 2 x patterned papers, with a stamped sentiment and 3 x jewels. I had just finished making my little grandaughters 1st birthday card for tomorrow so I used what was left over lol. It's a very simplistic card and not sure if I like it but thems the brakes hey!! I didn't like my card for yesterday either hehe. It's really hard to explain I like cards with depth I think that's why I shade so much hehehe as it seems to give the card depth. Well I had better get going as it is a big day tomorrow with having to prepare all the party food for Soph's birthday. I will be sure to take some birthday shots. Which reminds me that I still haven't got my pics of last weekend from my daughter yet lol I will make her bring them with her tomorrow.

In the meantime. . .
Walk about your day with beauty.
The Gypsy

Suppllies: SU Perfect Plum and Pale Plum cardstock. SU Deceased designer paper. SU One Of A Kind stamp set. SU Elegant Eggplant stamp pad with sponge dauber. Kaisercraft rhinestones. SU Eyelet Border punch.

12 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle, I like the card. I think we all have days where the card we envision is not the card we create,but that is okay.

I can't believe you don't own any BasicGrey paper, I must sadly admit that I own them all in the 6x6 booklets as well as alot of the 12x12's and am looking forward to 2 more collections coming out in a week or so.

Janice said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle, this is beautiful, I love your papers. Like you I don't have any basic grey but I will be going shopping this weekend!

♥ Audrey ♥ said...[Reply to comment]

Ohhh you must get some BG papers... their latest ones are fab! Lovely card. I can't do purple and I luv how it looks on your card!

Rose said...[Reply to comment]

this is not how you wanted it but it is still pretty!! :D oh i got mine made so fast as Pam posted the challenge at 8:45pm on wed and i just happened to see it so whiped it up before going to work at 10pm!! now to check out a few cards and hop in bed and sleep ALL day :D want photos of your fun!!!

Shari said...[Reply to comment]

very pretty

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

So post some pics of the party, and I think you rocked the card, great job.

Have fun.

Fi said...[Reply to comment]

Very pretty card Michelle, I love your shading - it does give the card depth. I never really like any of the cards I make either. Wish our GD happy 1st birthday for me and I hope she has a lot of fun, it is my DD 2nd birthday on Sunday and she is having a ballons and bubbles party.
Make sure your DD sends the photo's from your weekend away.
Hugs
Fi

~amy~ said...[Reply to comment]

well, I think this turned out fabulous!

Made by Mandy said...[Reply to comment]

Your card is lovely, I adore the colour and it looks very shabby chic.

I only have a very small amount of basic grey but you NEED to get some, I have finally understood what everyone else has been raving about FOREVER xxx

Lila Castro said...[Reply to comment]

Very pretty card Michelle.

Kristen H said...[Reply to comment]

Great card. I love your punching and inking of it...
Very nice!
Have a great weekend, Michelle.

I sometimes think of doing SU! I think it would be fun!

Kim said...[Reply to comment]

Very Pretty! Have FUN this weekend! Will be checking back to see your photos.... : )