Monday, June 22, 2009

365 Cards - #114 Lovin' Lavender

Well you all know I love any shade of purple so I was doing the happy dance tonight when I saw the challenge over at 365 Cards whereby lavender had to be the dominant colour so I think I achieved that one. I have had this piece of DCWV paper from Once Upon A Time paper stack which my daughter gave me ages ago and tonight seemed like the perfect time to put it to use. Once I decided to use it then the stamp had to be new age type as this is what the paper reminds me of lol. I think I went a little overboard on the glitter and the hand drawn stars around the image hehehe. I stamped my Autumn Leaves Flourishes stamp onto one of my flowers because I love this look. I guess that is about it for tonight. I have to get to bed at a decent hour because I am looking after my little grandaughter tomorrow. I usually stay up later so I can comment on all the lovelies you girls create from US and England as you are different time zones to me but I will have to make comments tomorrow ladies I apologise in advance for that.

In the meantime. . .
Walk about your day with beauty.
The Gypsy

Supplies: SU Lavender Lace and Very Vanilla cardstock. DCWV Once Upon A Time paper stack and also the deeper purple cardstock. Amazing Creations stamp. Maya Road flowers. SU brads. Gold cord from my stash. Derwent watercolour pencils. Gold glitter glue unknown brand. Autumn Leaves Flourishes stamp set. SU Basic Black stamp pad.

12 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle, this is just beautiful and I don't think you overdid the glitter at all.

Shari said...[Reply to comment]

I like the purple and gold together

Chrissie said...[Reply to comment]

Ooooooooooooooooooh lovely!
Chrissie

Vicky said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle, this is just beautiful! You definitely did not go overboard with the glitter - that gold is just stunning on that shade of purple! Have fun with your granddaughter!

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle, I never thought of addinf the flourish to the flowers like that! I love this card!! Beautiful job!

Fi said...[Reply to comment]

Love your card Michelle, it just says you all over, love your added gold and your flowers are a great touch.
Pink Petticoat is a digital online store from UK.
Hugs
Fi

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Oh, Michell, fabulous card, I love lavender so I am having a great time today seeing everyones cards. Great job, and get some sleep, no worries, on the inability to comment

Susan said...[Reply to comment]

I have to agree with everyone else, Michelle, this is a gorgeous...love how you balanced your gold bit and the lavender is beautiful!

Gloria Stengel said...[Reply to comment]

This is so pretty! And you know I don't like purple! LOL The gold and glitter make the card. I love the image you stamped as well. Nicely done, my dear. Hugs and enjoy that little schnookims tomorrow (today?).

~amy~ said...[Reply to comment]

oh so gorgeous michelle!!!

Rose said...[Reply to comment]

oh this is so beautiful!! :D didnt make mine today so will have to make it up durring the week :-( have fun with sophie :-)

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

This is seriously fabulous, Michelle!!