Saturday, June 20, 2009

365 Cards - #111 Say It With Stripes

First things first - Over at 365 Cards today the challenge was to say it with stripes and we had to make a card using bold colours and stripes. This was the brightest stripes I had anywhere in my stash. . .sad but true!! It is a SU paper. The image is from my Cricut - Storybook cartridge as is the butterflies. The cardstock used in the image is Whisper White but I used Distress Inks in Worn Lipstick to colour the background oval and then spritzed it with water which is quite a cool effect. I also used Scattered Straw around the edges of the striped paper.

The sentiment is a little crooked but it was the last thing I did so I was not ditching it but it bugs me a lot that it is crooked lol. Not my normal type of card that I like to create but it is going to have to do today. I didn't do my card last night. . . too tired so I finished it off this morning.

This is my first Post It Organiser that I made but check the pen out. . . it matches!!!

These are the four I completed now. I really like the pink one lol. I should be making more for the markets tomorrow!! That's it until this afternoon. Please enjoy.
In the meantime. . .
Walk about your day with beauty.
The Gypsy

Supplies: SU Wild Wasabi (deceased) Barely Banana and Whisper White cardstock. SU Tea Party designer paper. SU brad. Kaisercraft rhinestones. Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. Cricut Storybook cartridge. SU Basic Black stamp pad. Distress Ink Scattered Straw, Worn Lipstick stamp pads.

7 comments:

♥ Audrey ♥ said...[Reply to comment]

Lovely colours used on the card. Luv your post-it organiser.... will make great teacher's gift! (which I need to start thinking about) :)

Fi said...[Reply to comment]

Wow - love your card, and don't you hate it when the sentiment goes on crooked - I always do that - I can't even draw a straight line with a ruler - LOL.
OK - so I love your Post-It Note Holders - how did you get the pen to match - what type of pen did you use?
I posted my email address on your last 365 Card entry.
Hugs
Fi

Karen Lee said...[Reply to comment]

I love that folded corner! And what a great job you did with the post it note holder!

hugs, Karen Lee

~amy~ said...[Reply to comment]

great job Michelle...great striped card...the sentiment doesn't look bad at all...Love your post it organizers!

Rose said...[Reply to comment]

you used worn lipstick?? what are you doing kissing paper girl? lol

Rose said...[Reply to comment]

ok got the smart remark over with so now i can comment :D
looks like your loving storybook and the sentiment looks fine ;-) how did you get the pen to match?? and the pink one is my fav also! one day i will have that bird stamp lol

Susan said...[Reply to comment]

beautiful dimension and texure. And I love, love the folded corner, Michelle.

Happy day to ya!