Thursday, June 18, 2009

365 Cards - #110 My Guy

Today over at 365 Cards the challenge was to make a masculine card and use the Argyle pattern. I saw that I and I thought "BINGO" I have an embossing folder with the Argyle pattern I am set and so my card came together very easily after that. I did have a little trouble choosing a designer paper to suit my colours in cardstock but then I went to my DCWV Naturals stack and there it was just waiting for me to come along and pluck it out of the stack. . .the trendy trees and in just the colours I wanted. Don't you love it when a plan comes together!!! My stamped image is another one from my ancient stash but I have always loved it. I also have a moon emage that goes with this boat and when done as a scene it looks great but that is for another time perhaps.

Well cannot wait to check out what everyone else has done for their card for todays challenge. I am hitting the bed a little earlier tonight as I did not go to bed last night until 3.30am and then got up at 7.30am so my eyes are hanging out of my head lol. I will be focussing on putting a journal together tomorrow with lots of dividers, pockets, transparencies etc and other embellishments so I can have a sample ready for my market stall on Sunday to advertise jounal classes commencing. I have this huge idea in my head which I need to get out and put it to bed lol as it is consuming to much of my thoughts. I get so excited when I have a really good idea and cannot wait to put it together. Is anyone else like that? Okay I'm going now.
In the meantime. . .
Walk about your day with beauty.
The Gypsy

Supplies: SU Close To Cocoa and Kraft cardstock. The teal coloured cardstock is Coordinations. DCWV Designer paper. Krafty Lady stamp of row boat. SU Short and Sweet stamp set for sentiment. SU Taken With Teal and Basic Black stamp pads. Cuttlebug Argyle embossing folder. SU Word Window punch.

13 comments:

~amy~ said...[Reply to comment]

perfect card for the challenge Michelle...it is really exciting to have ideas running through the 'ole creative mind...

Kristen H said...[Reply to comment]

this is great! I love the argyle embossing folder. I have this, and you will see it on my card today. Love that image! I gotta order some male images from SU!
Have a wonderful day!!!

Sherry Eckblad said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle, Great card I forgot about that argyle embossing folder. Be careful sometimes those ideas in your head can get you in trouble.

Chrissie said...[Reply to comment]

Great card Michelle, I've posted a quick tutorial on my DIY Stampamajig. I'd be glad to know if you can understand it!
Chrissie

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

wonderful card, I agree with Kristen, I really need to get some male kind of stamps, thanks for sharing your lovely creation.

Now!!!!get some sleep, holy moly.

Karen Lee said...[Reply to comment]

Oh I'm lovin' this one!! Its always so hard for me to make a guy card!! You really did a great job. I hope you got some sleep!

hugs, Karen Lee

Susan said...[Reply to comment]

looks like a lot of us used the argyle folder! I love the shades of color you played with today...a beaut of a masculine card, Michelle

♥ Audrey ♥ said...[Reply to comment]

That is a lovely stamped image. Great card!

AUsome mom said...[Reply to comment]

Love your card! Makes me want to get out on the water. (It's just too freakin' hot!!) Nice, nice job.

Piali said...[Reply to comment]

Great card. Love the stamped image.
I have a little something for you on my blog. Please come check it out

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

WOW!! I love those colors!! Beautiful card,as always!

Fi said...[Reply to comment]

Hi Michelle, thank you for your kind thoughts and encouraging words on my cards, I tried to use your SU link Email me but it would not work.
My email address is - fcervett@bigpond.net.au
My BigW has heaps of the DCWV stacks you are looking for - if you would like me to pick one up for you and send it down let me know.
Hugs
Fi

Rose said...[Reply to comment]

luv that stamp!! fantastic card girl and look we have the same cb folder!! lol