Wednesday, June 17, 2009

365 Cards - #108 "Oh Boy"

Well we have to even out the sexes now don't we?? So today over at 365 Cards Pam set the challenge for a masculine card but not adult. So in other words a boys card!! Boy cards are not something that I do very much of and I have no and I mean no boy type designer paper. . . so I had better fix that very, very soon I think. My frog stamp I grabbed from my ancient stash so too the ants and fly stamps which were both from Hero Arts and the frog is Inkadinkado and the sentiment is Penny Black. Talk about mixing it up!!! I coloured the frog using my SU markers and then the blending pen but word of warning. . . . if you use the blending pen then please do your image on watercolour paper because the normal cardstock does not withstand the blending too well. But because it was 2am when I did this card (I went to bed at 9.30pm and because Sophia woke up I decided to stay up and do my card). I wasn't going to do a card today because as I said I don't do boy cards that much but when I slept on it I thought of this frog image and decided once I had seen some of the other entries I could manage to create something lol. So here is my card for today!

Today whilst checking my fav blogs I saw that Angie from Chic 'n' Scratch had a video tutorial on the post it note organiser and I liked it so much I decided to make one, but using my own choice of papers and cardstock which also just happened to be all Stampin' Up! of course! Here is the front of the organiser. . .
And here is the inside of the organiser. . .

You have two choices of post it notes, with room for a pen and on the left hand side you have a compartment for receipts or notes or whatever. I think it would make a very economical gift for someone don't you think? Why don't you pop on over to Angie's blog and take a look.

Well that is my work for this hour of the day. Later on today when it is normal people time lol I am going to get about half a dozen of the organisers made for my market stall this Sunday. I also have a lot of tutorials that I have purchased from other SU demonstrators that I want to make up for my stall. I think they will make wonderful gifts. So stay tuned for those little beauties when I get them made. You will like them so much you will want to make them yourself or purchase one from me lol!!!

Supplies for the Frog card: SU Kraft and Whisper White cardstock. DCWV designer paper and green cardstock. SU Deceased Wild Wasabi stamp pad, Basic Black stamp pad and SU Garden Green, Gable Green, Creamy Caramel and Ruby Red markers. The stamps I mentioned up above.
Supplies for the organiser: All supplies are Stampin' Up! except for the yellow ribbon and Post It note pads. SU Summer Sun, Kiwi Kiss and Very Vanilla cardstock. Good Morning Sunshine designer paper. Cheep Talk stamp set. Chocolate Chip marker. Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black and Creamy Caramel stamp pads. The yellow grosgrain ribbon was from my stash. The Post It note pads were also from my stationery stash. Oval Punch.

8 comments:

Rose said...[Reply to comment]

OK if you can make a boy card i will give it a shot also!! LOL later after i get some sleep that is :D I love that organiser!! i can see those selling as well as the journals :D

Sherry Eckblad said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle, great job on the boys card and now you can add that to the list of things you do make.

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

what a wonderful idea for a boy card, I just love the bugs to go with the frog, very boyish. The organiser is fantastic, I really must check that out, thanks for sharing that.

Fi said...[Reply to comment]

Wow Michelle, great take on the boy challenge - love your frog and bugs - so boyish.
Fantastic organiser - they would make great gifts, I will have to check out the blog - TFS.
I have finally made a few cards, yippee.
I hope you have gone back to sleep for a few hours since you made your card and organiser, don't you just love it when the child wakes up and then goes back to sleep and there is no way that you can go back to sleep like them. LOL.
Hugs
Fi

♥ Audrey ♥ said...[Reply to comment]

That froggie card is so cute, perfect for a boy card! Luv your post-it gift. Thanks for the blog link... very useful!

Jeannie said...[Reply to comment]

That little froggy and his buggy friends are just adorable!

The note holder you made is fantastic - what a great little gift for someone. I'll put it on my to do list!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

....and yes I could use a massage, thank you!

Karen Lee said...[Reply to comment]

The cards that everyone is making today are all so darned cute!! Yours put a huge smile on my face!! I just love frogs!! You also did an awesome job on the organizer!! You are just so talented!!

hugs, Karen Lee

~amy~ said...[Reply to comment]

CUTE!!!! I especially LOVE your organizer :)