Tuesday, June 23, 2009

365 Cards - #115 Piece It Together

Sherry says it is soooo hot where she is and I am sitting in front of a heater with a shawl around my shoulders cause it is cold here!!! We are in our first month of winter. The challenge today over at 365 Cards was to Piece It Together where we had to paper piece our design. I went through my stamps and came up with this old beauty from my ancient stash and decided to use it. I don't have a lot of stamps that I felt like I wanted to paper piece them hehehe and maybe I just wanted something easy to cut out hehe that is more like it. We went down to Armidale on a road trip today which is 1 1/2 hours away and did some shopping. I finally found the DCWV Once Upon A Time paper stack and quickly grabbed it off the shelf. . .doing the happy dance all the way to the car and embarrassing my daughter Ashleigh while I was doing it and because it embarrassed her what did I do. . .did it some more!!! OOOhhhhh I am evil to my girls lol.
The designer paper I used here is a deceased paper set from Stampin' Up! that I got off a friend on my stamp camp, she gave me so many papers and I just love looking through them. This paper is not one I would have purchased while it was in therefore it was good to have single sheets of things like that. The orange centre of the heart is the flip side of the polka dot paper and I decided to stamp my bow on that as well. I used a Build A Brad from SU in the centre of the flower using the polka dot paper as well. I don't love this card but I don't hate it either. That is it for me tonight.


In the meantime. . .
Walk about your day with beauty.
The Gypsy

Supplies: SU Bashful Blue cardstock. DCWV Neutrals stack. SU Deceased designer paper. The sentiment is from Hero Arts. The heart is from an unknown stamp company as there is nothing on the stamp as is the bow. The flower is from Kaisercraft. SU Build A Brad. SU Basic Black stamp pad. SU Bashful Blue double stitched grosgrain ribbon. Cuttlebug Script embossing folder.

11 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle, love your card and it is the perfect stamp for paper piecing. I think I have that exact paper :).
I could of sent you that DCWV paper pack it has been out here in the states for about a year or more.
You are just starting winter and we are just starting Summer. Ours offically began on Sunday.

Vicky said...[Reply to comment]

Ooohh..this is lovely, Michelle! I love the ruffles around the heart - nice job cutting that out! I coveted that build a brad kit for so long, finally ordered it, and still haven't used it!! You've now inspired me...I'm going to pull it out and use it on an upcoming challenge :). Stay warm!!

Rose said...[Reply to comment]

i love it!! oh and how fun to embarress your girl LOL
my weather is HOT and only going to get hotter as summer goes on. hey how is it having Christmas in your summer months? seams weird to me :D hand is still KILLING me so might not get a card made again today, should not be typing either (i'm so bad!)

Gloria Stengel said...[Reply to comment]

This is very pretty. I love that you used you old stuff. That way I'm not the only one "showing off" my hoard! LOL I also cracked up at you calling the paper "deceased"! ROFL

I cannot embarress my kids! I've tried, but it does not bother them! It's more likely that they will embarress me! humph!

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle, your card is wonderful, I love the ruffle on the heart, fantastic job!!! Wow your cold and today is in the 90's around here, this blogging thing is so amazing, hearing from people all over the world, stay warm, i'd blast a little warm air your way if I could.

Kristen H said...[Reply to comment]

I like the ruffle too, I wish I could also send you some warm air. We are suffocating in the humidity. It is in the 90s here too. I think Chef Salad for dinner sounds like a plan.
Hope you feel warmer.
I love the paper that you used for this card, and the fact that it was old stash!
Have a great day!

Fi said...[Reply to comment]

Fantastic card Michelle, love your paper piecing and cutting out that ruffle must have been hard, great job.
Hugs
Fi

Unknown said...[Reply to comment]

Ahhh! It's been over 100 this past week here! We had an electrical storm last night and lost our electricity for a while and it was SO hot! I think it would be nice if we could swap places for a day! LOL I'd LOVE to see all of your beautiful wildlife!

Your card is SO pretty! Those polka dots are just the neatest to me!!

Stay warm!! I'll be here trying to stay cool! LOL

Kim said...[Reply to comment]

Michelle this is beautiful! Luv your paper pieced ruffle.. & build a brad!

Susan said...[Reply to comment]

I can imagine your heart just as big as the paper pieced one, Michelle! What a delightful card.

~amy~ said...[Reply to comment]

super fun card michelle...that image is perfect for piecing!