Saturday, June 13, 2009

365 Cards - #104 Imagine This - GRASS & Cute Card Thursday - Punches

Today over at 365 Cards the challenge was Imagine This - "GRASS" or to be inspired by grass by using an image or just be inspired by an image. Also over at Cute Card Thursday the challenge was punches. So this is what I came up with. The green grass as the bottom of my card is another ancient roller that I have had for sooooo many years and finally it came in handy lol. The leaves and butterfly are from the Storybook Cricut cartridge. The flower punches are from EK Success and I cut strips of cardstock for the stems. I didn't get time to make my card last night as I usually do because by the time the party was over and we cleaned up I was too knackered to make a card but I certainly had it on my mind all night I can tell you, to the point where I had to get out of bed at 5.30am this morning to start on it. . . .sad isn't it? lol It has taken me this long because Soph was a little out of sorts this morning and wanted to be nursed (carried for the US girls not breast fed lol) so not a lot got done at first, but I finally got there. I said to Ash if you want to go on a picnic then I have to get into my craft room and get this card made so you take care of Soph and I'll go and create lol.

These next photos are of my grandaughter on the morning of her very first birthday which was yesterday. She is here in this photo with my husband after he had put her table and chairs together that we bought her which also included a tea set and toaster and two slices of bread hehehe. Look how impish she looks in this first pic hehe

There is no finesse about making a pot of tea for this little girl lol she just gets right into it. . .

Here is Poppa trying to show her how to make a pot of tea and she thinks "hehehehe I got Poppa to make it" lol the look on her face says it all doesn't it?

Well we are all going out for a picnic today so that is it for me until the next challenge.
In the meantime. . .
Walk about your day with beauty.
The Gypsy

Supplies: SU Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Old Olive and Sunshine Yellow cardstock. SU Basic Black and Certainly Celery ink pads. Ranger Distress Ink Vintage Photo stamp pad. Autumn Leaves Flourish stamp pad and another unknown brand for the sentiment. Cuttlebug Swiss Dots and Paisley embossing folders. Cricut Storybook cartridge. Kaisercraft pearls. EK Success five petal flowers punches in three sizes. Stick used to curl the flowers.

6 comments:

Rose said...[Reply to comment]

what a great card! and you used your new cricut cart :-) she is so cute and smart to get pappa to make the tea! I have not made mine yet as i cant get the first imiage of "grass" that popped into my head out! (grass (drugs) from my oh so bad youth!!) I'm sure Pam does not mean that kind of grass and would be sure to kick me off the challenge for it ;-).

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful card, Michelle, very pretty. I'm sorry you had to get up so early but I am glad you did to put this baby together, great card.

ANNNND, the other baby is beyond adorable, so cute, it sounds like the party was a success and fun was had by all.

Shari said...[Reply to comment]

This is very cute!

~amy~ said...[Reply to comment]

okay, great cards missy and your grandbaby is absolutely darling!!!

Made by Mandy said...[Reply to comment]

Love the your and your grandaughter is a cutie

Maz said...[Reply to comment]

How cute, both the card and your grandbaby.
Hope you had a great picnic
maz